Translation (2011) of Die kind met spesifieke leergeremdhede. Publication of the University of Pretoria,
Nuwe Reeks No. 136, 1979.
WHO IS THE CHILD WITH SPECIFIC
P. A. van Niekerk
2. The connection between specific learning problems and neurological dysfunctions
3. Handicaps in contrast to disabilities
4. The specific learning disabilities
4.1 Inadequate learning
4.2 Deficient learning results
4.3 Deficient actualization of learning
5. Children with specific learning disabilities as a
6. Contemporary teaching support for the child with
Specific learning disabilities
Author’s English summary
THE PSYCHIC LIFE OF THE CHILD WITH
SPECIFIC LEARNING DISABILITIES
M. C. H. Sonnekus
1. Introductory orientation
2. The actualization of the psychic life: clarification of concepts and statement of the problem
2.1 What is the meaning of the psychic life?
2.2 How is the psychic life actualized?
3. How is the psychic life of the child with specific
learning difficulties actualized?
3.1 Some modes of actualization in the world relation of the
child with specific learning disabilities
3.2 The course of learning of the child with specific learning
4. Some implications of a restrained actualization of the
psychic life and recommendations
5. Recommended readings
Author’s English synopsis